HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box – take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
Henkel as the global leader in adhesives, sealants and surface-treatment technologies for the Automotive & Metal Industries, creates competitive advantage for our customers along the entire value chain of car manufacturing. And we partner with our customers right from the start, so that we understand their needs and develop tailored solutions – for today and tomorrow.
The position we are offering is located in northern Germany. The responsibility is being a residential Sales Engineer working at Volkswagen in Braunschweig, Salzgitter, Wolfsburg and Kassel, with key focus on new Business Development.
JOB ID: 21019355
- The Sales Engineer/ /Expert for HV Batteries and e-Mobility is responsible to identify and drive technical projects locally at the Volkswagen design centers for Batteries and Electric Vehicle components
- You will be a strategic part of an e-Mobility team that is at Henkel responsible for a fast growing and exciting business with solutions for electric vehicles based on Henkel’s excellent capabilities in thermal materials, adhesives, sealants and functional coatings
- The position collaborates cross-functionally and globally with Key Account Managers and Business Development Managers for e-Mobility
- You are responsible to create and seize business opportunities for e-Mobility at our customer Volkswagen, by working closely with the OEM engineering teams
- Main part of this role is to understand and to identify new application opportunities and requirements especially for new battery cell concepts and completely new technologies such as solid-state battery
- You have the lead for project management to successfully close these business opportunities on battery projects
The tasks are the following:
- Main technical interface to the customer
- Understand key technical customer requirements and specifications
- Get technical and commercial approvals on battery applications for Henkel products
- Be first contact to design and material engineers for battery systems
- Development and maintenance of a network to the customer and other supplier and partners
- Project Management to drive projects from first design discussion to prototyping to approval to production scale-up phase and first sales
- Involve internal stakeholders at Henkel, e.g. research and development team to get support for achieving the technical customer approval
- Leverage your battery expertise across the Henkel e-Mobility Team
- Collaborate with Henkel Key Account Management for commercial offers and negotiation
- Preferably master’s degree in electrical engineering, physics, chemistry or comparable
- Automotive background, ideally 2-5 years of Job experience in B2B
- Battery expert: Familiar with relevant battery technologies and standards
- Proven track record in acquisition and execution of projects, effectively managing simultaneous workstreams and a variety of stakeholders
- Strong sense of ownership, entrepreneurial spirit and hands-on mentality
- Experience in working effectively in cross-functional and international teams
- Fluent written and spoken German and English, further language skills are an advantage
- We are looking for a Sales Engineer/ Expert for HV Batteries and e-Mobility who enjoys being part of a dynamic automotive team driving new battery concepts forward with Henkel technologies