Arbin has nearly 30 years of experience as a manufacturer of electrical test equipment for most all energy storage device applications. Headquartered in College Station, Texas, Arbin also has offices located around the globe and has become one of the world’s leading suppliers of electrical test equipment for the materials research, batteries, supercapacitors, and the electric vehicle markets. In 2016 Arbin established a new Munich, Germany office, and is currently seeking multiple candidates for our Sales and Support department to continue our rapid expansion.
Arbin is looking to recruit and train a new European based Sales Engineer to add to our small, growing team located in Munich, Germany. We are seeking a high-energy, motivated individual that can help expand our footprint in the region. This position will work closely with our European Sales Manager and be responsible for generating growth by penetrating new markets and leveraging our current customer base to continue our expansion. The Sale Engineer will be responsible for establishing and maintain a strong relationship with customers throughout the entire sales and delivery cycle.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing prospects and following up with customer inquiries through phone, email, online presentations, and on-site product demonstrations
- Cold calling to arrange meetings with potential customers for new business
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing customers
- Create quotations and technical proposals for formal bidding processes, and overcome objections of prospective customers
- Regularly attend conferences to interact with customers, develop relationships, and understand the state of the market
- Understand Arbin’s product line and industry to create, write, and edit technical application notes
- Actively manage contacts and maintain up-to-date sales forecast
- Work with Arbin’s European Agent network
- Phone and email support for European based customers and agents to answer technical questions and provide assistance. This position will coordinate with customers and Arbin’s Support department to determine when on-site visits are required, and will help arrange the visit.
- Arbin is looking for candidates with a degree in Engineering, Science, or similar degree field
- Candidate must be self-motivated and capable of working independently
- Experience in selling and supporting electronic or technical equipment is a plus
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and German are required. Multilingual candidates are preferred (French, Spanish, etc.)
- This position requires frequent travel