Speed has always been in our DNA. Become a member of our team and join us on the fast lane! With globally almost 4500 employees and unlimited passion for mobility and innovation, Valmet Automotive is working on the future of the automobile. A clear focus on eDrive Engineering – paired with outstanding manufacturing competence – we are an experienced and visionary partner for development and production within an industry on the rise.
In our new Electric Vehicle Business Line (EVBL) we develop and manufacture battery systems from 48V up to High Voltage for automotive and industrial applications. Valmet Automotive covers the full range from contract manufacturing to a TIER1 system supplier.
- Responsible Engineer for the concepts of exchangeable parts within the series battery
- Including battery handling and tools at service shops as well as SOC chains
- Responsible for decisions on engineering level to internal and external stakeholders and internal release recommendations to middle and senior management
- Development of spare part, dismantling concepts and of repair and flying doc concepts (development phase and series production)
- Management and agreement of needed SOC chains
- Development of handling concepts and definition of usable tools at service shops
- Responsible for elaboration and validation of system design requirements with stakeholders and definition and elaboration of regression tests
We expect you to have/are
- Masters degree in mechanical engineering, automotive engineering, mechatronics or comparable
- +2 years experience and deep understanding of li-ion battery systems and knowledge of all relevant battery system components
- Knowledge of impacts and side effects due to changes within the battery system and knowledge of battery service concepts and error codes
- Experience with German automotive OEMs and automotive service shops with testing experience on battery system level and Certificates (AUS; EFK; EFKffT)
- High degree of communication skills and fluent English and German language
The latest development in the automotive industry – and ultimately our company – promises candidates an inspiring career. Where a long heritage as one of the world’s most significant car builders meets up with the spirit of unlimited opportunities is Valmet Automotive, offering you a sense of accomplishment, a good work-life balance and a feeling of creating something new. Of course, in the typical Nordic calmness at all ten locations in Finland, Germany and Poland.
Florian Mayer, Human Resources
Now it’s your turn – take the fast lane and apply!